Starting with I’m plenty glad that I have been nominated for this award, and this being my very first award within 3 months of my blog, Yay!!. I would love to thank http://urbandementria.wordpress.com/and http://indiandrifter.wordpress.com/ who have nominated me for this award.
The things that I am supposed to do:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you. CHECK
2. List the rules and display the award. CHECK
3. Share seven facts about yourself. CHECK
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. <SORT OF> CHECK
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. CHECK
Moving onto myself, these are some things I would like to share:
- I’m a Bengali living in Hyderabad, which has resulted in two things, firstly a very poor/pathetic grasp of Bengali and secondly being non proficient in Telugu. I can officially talk only two languages to maneuver around, English and Hindi, though I do know Sanskrit (thanks to the rote learning at school) but I’m sure people will not be able to converse in that language. Sigh! My Bengali is so bad that whenever I visit my native, the only things that I do are smile and pray; pray that I’m not smiling on the wrong things.
- Though I’m a Bengali, I’m just not fond of sweets; no, nah, nope, nada. On the other hand I’m a sucker for spicy food and food in general and I have good hogging capacity (thanks to the bong genes). At times when the food is bland, I will gladly chomp on a few green chillies!
- Since childhood I have been a hyper active kid, my mother out of frustration as to how to reduce my energy levels and keep me focused had enrolled me into a number of things. Examples: Have learnt classical Carnatic music for 13 years, trained in art (for 5 years), skating, swimming, dancing (for a month), and learning magic (weirdly awesome, I know!).
- I’m pursuing a course that I definitely don’t want to do professionally, but still doing it because I don’t want my efforts to be wasted. I would gladly do what my indecisive heart wants to but that would result in me turning into a chef, nomad, gardener, artist, singer, writer, lazy bum, witch (Harry Potter style), teacher, social activist, in no particular order every single day. Phew!
- I would love to travel, but haven’t been able to because of over protective parents. Sigh! But that is also one of the many dreams that I carry, which is to be able to travel the world without the financial/time constraints.
- I have very very very few friends, to be precise 4 in all. I would love to have the kind of friendship that they show in sitcoms/ movies but I can’t because I’m a special variety. I do not like to keep in touch with people, I hate to whatsapp (such a pain), I’m really selfish (I prefer clinging onto my me time), and social network bonding isn’t my thing.
- I’m highly moody, stubborn, argumentative and defensive. A classic example of my stubbornness/moodiness that my mother still cites till date is when I managed to do just 1 math problem in my sixth grade, a day before the exams and sat with it for 8 whole hours, just because I wasn’t in the mood. And quickly adding another to the list, I CAN’T DANCE. Not even to save my life, maybe I’m one of those people who have not only two left feet but hands/ all the other organs required to dance.
I guess that is enough about me. Now, I want to share with you the 7 bloggers that I have chosen to nominate for the Award of Very Inspiring Blogger. I was supposed to nominate 15 bloggers but since I am new to blogging, I could manage to shortlist only 7 and that I would like to nominate a few more but they have already been nominated 😦
P.S : Somehow the link feature doesn’t seem to work on my blog 😥 Figuring my way out of it and hence, the URL addresses, please do feel free to guide me as to how I can address this problem.
Thank you once again for the love and do check out the blogs of the one’s whom I have nominated 🙂